Saturday, August 2, 2008

EnergyWall, Humility and Prayer...

Hey ya'll! Things have been kinda crazy lately but I wanted to share my thoughts with you on a few things. I am moving in about a 2 weeks to work for a company called EnergyWall. EnergyWall is a startup company owned by my roommate Dustin Eplee. The kid is a genius! The technology we are working with is amazing. I won't go into the details other than to say that what we are doing to get this going is extremely tough. It's actually more than tough. Most of the machines we are working with are not made for the concepts that we are utilizing them for. The experts (whoever they are) have repeatedly said that what we are doing is impossible. Had I known this ahead of time, I probably would not have taken this job. It is really risky but then again, that's what faith in God is all about and I do feel that this is a God thing.

I have a machine that I call the green monster. I call it that because of its massive size and putrid green color. It is truly an ugly machine. Plus, it's ancient! We use it to cut our paper and plastic. These two things we were told we would not accomplish.

I have had good days and bad days with my machines. Oh, and by the way, I proved the experts wrong! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. It has been a very humbling process, both in the face of failure and victory. The days of my greatest success have been the days that were shrouded in prayer. I have prayed more in the past two months than have in the past two years. I knew what I was doing was way beyond my ability and I needed help. I have had to depend on Jesus every step of the way.

Pride is a huge issue of mine and it has been neat to see that in the face of great victory and success that I have not allowed pride to rear its ugly head. I feel this is a major growth point for me. My growth and the humility that I feel has come at the knowledge of knowing that all I am doing has been blessed by God. It has been Him and not me. I cannot take credit for his work. I am glad that God is building EnergyWall and not me.

Much Luv,
Rando

No comments: