Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oil Fields


It has been a long time since I posted anything. I think for my new kids at The Bridge that needs to change. Rando's Head was created to share my thoughts and perspective on life. Whenever my mind piqued on something, I wrote about it. I think I just need to make this my online journal, something to process my day instead of making it a place to write about random deep thoughts. I want my kids to be able to get into Rando's Head so I guess all I need to do is to write.


Today was my second day working in the oil fields up near Williamsport, Pa. I am helping to lay out a pipeline for water that is to be shot into a oil drill to fracture the shelf and get the oil. I have to tell you that this work is by far the most physically intense work I have ever done. If I remain in this job, I believe I will lose the 50 pounds I wanted to lose very quickly. I say "remain in this job" because apparently there are a lot of people who cannot hack this job. After the past 2 days, I can see why.

The rain has us bogged down now halting our work. I have been holed up in motel most of the day. We had to end a 11am because of it. Work is halted for tomorrow as well. I am not looking forward to another day of laying around doing nothing especially when my dogs are at home missin' me not to mention wifey. Its kinda hard to be away from home but I am working with a bunch of Texans who are really cool guys and lighten the atmosphere with their southern sense of humor which makes life just a bit easier. There is actually one man named "Bubba" and he even looks like a Bubba at about 6'7" and 300 plus pounds... Yeah, definitely a Bubba. :) I love the twang in thier accent and it is already starting to rub off on me. I love a Texan accent! If I could download an accent into my voice by paying a monthly fee (You know, like a ring tone) I would get a Texan accent.

Well, that's it for now. Oh one more thing... All day I have had my bible by my bed. Not once have I touched it. I have thought several times to pick it up, yet each time have come up with excuses and other things to do. That being said, I'm gonna go do some reading, maybe you should too.

Later,
-Rando
#'s 6:24-26

No comments: